10.23.2015

Core-ography: Our Next Artist Preview & Choreographer's Vlog

I've been very busy over the past week. Last week, I visited Richmond, Virginia to work with the lovely Shira Lanyi, former Principal with Richmond Ballet and Israel Ballet. While it was great to see this beautiful friend, it was a heavy week for Core-ography. Throughout our time together, we spent a great deal of time discussing the loss of a loved one and creating movement inspired by this tragic part of each and every one of our lives. We will be releasing her webisode on November 1st. But for the time being, here is a sneak peak into our work together.



Next week, I will be heading to Los Angeles to work with Allen Abrams, former Ballet Austin dancer and current freelancer who has been seen on Glee and most recently performing with Miley Cyrus in the finale of this year's MTV Video Music Awards. I am excited to see what part of his life he will share. At the end of our time together in LA, I am flying Shira out to perform the pas de deux from my ballet, Distinct Perceptions. We will be traveling to Palm Desert to compete in the prestigious McCallum Theatre's 18th annual Choreography Festival. Wish us luck!

Shira Lanyi & Allen Abrams in Distinct Perceptions (Photo: Dave Friedman)
Lastly, I'd love to share one more thing with my audience. Most of you know me through my thoughts typed onto a screen or images that I have shared through this blog. Well, now you can have a chance to see what I'm actually like in person. As a part of Core-ography, I am starting to Vlog about my experiences. Check out my first vlog, where I tell you about my background and share about how I came up with the idea for my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment